Pastor, writer, and speaker, Greg serves as an executive elder and the family ministries pastor at Foothills Church in Knoxville, TN, overseeing the crib through college life-stage teams. Under his leadership at FC, the student ministry team has witnessed a tremendous response growing from 6 teenagers to over 400 teenagers and 100+ volunteers in the last 5-years. The kids ministry team at FC under his leadership developed 3 different life-stage ministries and oversaw 150+ volunteers and hundreds of families.
Greg also founded Veritas Press in January 2016. Veritas Press exists to create gospel-centered resources for the good of the local church. The goal of VP is to send out 1 million gospel-centered resources all over the world by 2025.
Furthermore, Greg also serves as the Executive Editor for The Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood (CBMW), a leading conservative evangelical think tank on gender, marriage, and sexuality.
He is the author of:
- (forthcoming, 2016) Passion, Posture, Pursuit: A Biblical Manhood Primer
- (forthcoming, 2016) The Pastor-Leader: Courageous and Visionary Excellence in the Trenches
- (forthcoming, 2016) Crib to College: A Primer for Family Ministry in the Local Church
- Date Different: A Short (but honest) Conversation on Dating, Sex & Marriage for Teenagers (and their parents) (2015)
- Building a Marriage Culture: Renewal in the Ruins (co-editor and contributor) (2015)
- Reformational Manhood: Creating a Culture of Gospel-Centered Warriors (2013)
Greg’s writing has appeared at The Gospel Coalition, the Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, Gospel-Centered Discipleship, the Journal on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood, Outreach Magazine, Answers Magazine, and more.
Greg speaks all over the country at conferences, trainings, and other events.
He is currently working on a doctorate in leadership at Southern Seminary. He received a M.Div. in Biblical and Theological Studies from SBTS, and a B.A. in Biblical Studies from Boyce College.
He currently resides in Knoxville, TN with his wife, Grace, and their two children–Cora and Iver.